The Cairns N5A New Yorker leather fire helmet is handcrafted and meets current OSHA requirements.
As of September of 2018, all Cairns® N5A New Yorker™ Fire Helmets will feature replaceable soft goods, which are easy to remove and clean. In alignment with cancer prevention directives recommended by the Firefighter Cancer Support Network (FCSN), adding replaceable soft goods to this iconic Fire Helmet helps firefighters better maintain the character of the leather fire helmet while helping to improve safety.
- Available in medium (6 3/8" to 7 1/2") and large (7 5/8" to 8 1/2") sizes
- 6-inch carved brass eagle holder
- Durable leather shell for maximum life with minimum maintenance
- Non-corroding high-temperature glass-filled faceshield/goggle hardware
- Engineered impact cap provides advanced thermal/impact/penetration protection
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap features one-hand quick-release buckle and postman slide for quick removal and adjustment
- Removable/washable sateen liner with Jumbo Nomex Black earlap
- OSHA Compliant (Non-NFPA)
Ratings & Reviews
by Jon F
Just received my new lid today. Was excited to get off shift and see it . But that was short lived. The craftsmanship of this helmet is horrible. The cutting of the leather for the ribs looked like someone used a hacksaw to trim it. There were several shaved leather spots and was painted right over . Paint so thick can barely see the scroll work . Paint all over the brass inner ring and all over the D rings. ALoT of paint imperfections. Contacted MSA about it and they were zero help ! Hoping the fire store will make this right . Will update when I get the replacement . But for now this lid gets 1 star
09/01/22 purchased Red N5a (L)
by Joey S
Very displeased with the way this helmet looks. It looks like it was quickly done. The side of the helmet seems to be extra wide like the forgot to trim the leather. Extra coat of paint. I’ll be selling mine soon. I truly hate the craftsmanship isn’t traditional anymore
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !