The Cairns N5A New Yorker leather fire helmet is handcrafted and meets current OSHA requirements.
As of September of 2018, all Cairns® N5A New Yorker™ Fire Helmets will feature replaceable soft goods, which are easy to remove and clean. In alignment with cancer prevention directives recommended by the Firefighter Cancer Support Network (FCSN), adding replaceable soft goods to this iconic Fire Helmet helps firefighters better maintain the character of the leather fire helmet while helping to improve safety.
- Available in medium (6 3/8" to 7 1/2") and large (7 5/8" to 8 1/2") sizes
- 6-inch carved brass eagle holder
- Durable leather shell for maximum life with minimum maintenance
- Non-corroding high-temperature glass-filled faceshield/goggle hardware
- Engineered impact cap provides advanced thermal/impact/penetration protection
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap features one-hand quick-release buckle and postman slide for quick removal and adjustment
- Removable/washable sateen liner with Jumbo Nomex Black earlap
- OSHA Compliant (Non-NFPA)
Ratings & Reviews
sub par quality control paint inspection
Paint job on this helmet is subpar and lacks quality control. The paint is so thick on the brim that the scroll work is almost unable to be seen. The underside has overspray on the brass ring and chinstrap mounts and looks like it was slathered on with a brush. If I did not know better, I would think that this helmet has been repainted.
Not the quality I expected for the price
Disappointed in the paint job on this helmet. It appears to have been repainted as the scrollwork is hard to see in places due to the thickness of the paint. Poor quality control on the paintwork
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !