Black 2mm Terraprene Neoprene Tactical Gloves
With the perfect combination of durability, warmth and paddle feel, NRS Tactical Gloves live up to the demands of the task at hand, whether for rescue work or for play.
- 2 mm Terraprene™ neoprene provides excellent warmth for cool to cold conditions.
- The palm and fingers are reinforced with super tough aramid material that provides tenacious grip for rope handling and other demanding physical work.
- Soft brushed fleece on the thumb and wrist is handy for wiping your nose or brow.
- The unique elastic wrist strap secures anywhere on the fleece wrist panel.
- Rubber bite tab on the wrist assists donning the glove, even when hands are wet.
- Pairing snaps on the wrists help keep the gloves together.
- Material: 2 mm neoprene
- Seams: Single needle with high tenacity thread
- Taped Seams: No
- Palm Material: Rubberized synthetic leather
- Wrist Closure: Adjustable hook-and-loop strap
- Gender Sizing: Unisex
is the oldest synthetic rubber, invented back in 1930 by DuPont scientists. It’s an important part of the wetsuits, HydroSkin, sprayskirts, gloves and water shoes NRS makes. Traditionally, oil has been the raw material in the manufacturing process of the neoprene we use. But no longer; thanks to Terraprene.
The raw material in Terraprene is limestone rock. Yes, rock. Sounds crazy, but it’s true. Limestone is very common, making up some 10% of the world’s sedimentary rock formations. The manufacturing process uses limestone’s primary component, calcium carbonate, CaCO3.
In addition to saving an increasingly sought-after, fought-over and limited natural resource, oil, the Terraprene-processed ‘neoprene’ has some other very desirable features and benefits:
More cells, or tiny bubbles, are formed in the material. It’s these cells, filled with inert nitrogen gas, that create neoprene’s insulating property. More cells equal more insulation, more warmth. And the material is more buoyant, giving you more flotation.
It keeps you warmer, because it has thicker cell walls that reduce the compression of the material as you move, sit on it, etc. The thicker walls also help prevent loss of the inert nitrogen gas.
It’s lighter and stretches more than the oil-based material. The weight savings and increased stretch give you more wearing comfort and mobility.
Warmer, lighter, more stretch, more buoyancy, more comfort, and not oil-based.
This product can expose you to Chloroprene and Carbon Black, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.