A VERSATILE SHIRT FOR FLOOD RESPONSE TECHNICIANS
The MSD824 is a unique and innovative 2-piece waterproof & breathable constant flood water response suit, ideal for flood and after incident responses.
The suit consists of 2 halves that can be worn individually for localized dry performance or joined via their Quick-LockTM waist closure system to achieve dry suit performance under special circumstances. Developed by First Responder operators with years of field experience in after-event cleanup and operations, the 2-piece design provides maximum flexibility required during after incident and flood operations.
The MSD824 2 Piece Flood Response Suit is an excellent system for the most demanding flood rescue and management technician(s).
CUSTOMIZATION IS ALLOWED VIA SPECIAL ORDER FOR THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Agency markings via HeatTransfer or Iron on patch
- Latex wrist and neck seals, instead of CCS™ neck and neoprene wrist
- Alternate color (MA0501 in Black)
- Rapid Repair CCS patented adjustable neck seals allows the user to easily vent the suit reducing the thermal burden and easily close the neck seal with one hand. Neck seal is water tight.
- MilSpec BD6.5 Gore-Tex waterprof and breathable dry suit fabric
- 2 expanding arm pockets with an internal lanyard attachment point, external pen/eye pro pockets and Velcro ID patches.
- Ballistic nylon and foam reinforced flexible elbow pads
- Solas retro-reflective tape on the arms for increased visibility
THE MSD824 IS DESIGNED IN A WAY TO EASILY ALLOW FOR THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF REPAIRS:
- Wrist seal replacement
- Neck Seal Replacement
- Sock Replacement
- Relief Zipper Replacement
- Panel Replacement
- Quick-LockTM Track replacement
- Minor (<10) patches to panels
- Re-tape seams
What is the included zipper lubricant for?
||39" - 42"
99cm - 107cm
|41" - 44"
104cm - 112cm
|45" - 48"
114cm - 122cm
49" - 52"
125cm - 132cm
||34" - 37"
86cm - 94cm
|35" - 38"
89cm - 97cm
|41" - 44"
104cm - 112cm
|46" - 49"
117cm - 125cm
||33" - 35"
84cm - 89cm
86cm - 91cm
|36" - 38"
91cm - 97cm
|37" - 39"
94cm - 99cm
||65" - 68"
165cm - 173cm
|67" - 70"
170cm - 177cm
|71" - 74"
180cm - 188cm
|76" - 79"
193cm - 201cm
The included zipper lubricant is for use on the relief zipper only. It should not be used on the Quick-LockTM Track as it will cause the Quick-LockTM waist closure system to not work as designed.
Can this suit be used in all Swiftwater applications and replace suits such as the MSD576 or MSD624-02?
No, the MSD824 Flood Response Suit should not be used in moving water above Class 2.
How can the suit be decontaminated?
Decon can be accomplished by thoroughly washing in a “FRONT LOAD” washing machine or dunk tank utilizing mild detergents such as Simple Green, Dawn, or Fire Soap.
How can we manage our thermal burden?
Thermal management and thermal burden can be managed to utilize a layering system comprised of Mustang Survival’s various base layer components (MSL600-606). For more information on thermal management visit our website.