Frontiersman Bear Spray, When Only The Best Will Do
9.2 oz (272 mL) bear spray contains 2.0% major capsaicinoids, EPA maximum strength guaranteed via HPLC laboratory
INDUSTRY MAXIMUM RANGE FOR PROTECTION AT A SAFE DISTANCE:
35-foot (10.6 m) range; outperforms the competition by up to 20 feet (6 m)!
INCREASED COVERAGE / GREATEST BARRIER:
Delivers 45 grams per burst in a heavy fog delivery
EASY TO LOCATE:
Glow-in-the-dark safety helps you locate your bear spray immediately
SABRE is the only pepper spray manufacturer to have an on-site testing facility to eliminate the 30% failures other brands experience by guaranteeing their heat specifications for max protection in the moments you need it most.
- Frontiersman products are 100 times hotter than hot sauce with the maximum heat allowed for bear sprays by the EPA.
- SABRE is the #1 brand of pepper spray trusted by police and consumers worldwide. Agencies on six continents in more than 40 countries carry SABRE products.
- SABRE's manufacturing facilities are both EPA and Health Canada certified, meaning our customers can count on effective and humane products. Deter aggressive bears without long-term pain or injury!
- 3-year shelf life
- Belt Holster included
The truth is that SABRE is the only pepper spray manufacturer that controls and guarantees formula strength! SABRE’s exclusive HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) Guarantee means their pepper sprays never fail due to inconsistent heat levels. No other brand can make the same claim.
So don't be fooled by misleading numbers.
Know that the following claims could be deceiving:
Some brands hope you believe a higher OC percentage means a more effective spray. But this number only measures the amount of pepper within the spray, not the heat strength or effectiveness.
Scoville Heat Units (SHU)
Some brands advertise the SHU of the raw pepper, not of the pepper spray formulation. The SHU of the raw peppers is highly diluted in the pepper spray formula, and therefore not an accurate indicator of strength.
Major capsaicinoids are the true heat measure and can only be guaranteed through High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) testing - and, again, SABRE is the only brand that does. The only portion of pepper sprays that are government regulated (by the EPA & Health Canada) are animal pepper sprays. Dog sprays range from 0.25% to 1.0% major capsaicinoids and bear sprays range from 1.0% to 2.0% major capsaicinoids.
Do not purchase pepper spray without checking its content of major capsaicinoids.
Note: You should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state.
The following states have shipping restrictions on pepper spray:
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.