Going to the mountains this season?
Bear spray is essential for camping, hiking, hunting and fishing in areas where there is a bear population. Guard Alaska is made in the USA by Mace, the leader in self defense pepper sprays.
Key Features of Guard Alaska:
EFFECTS: Guard Alaska
- Up to 20 ft Range
- Power fogger design empties the can in 9 seconds
- 20% OC, 1.34 Capsaicinoid super hot formula
- Includes a safety cap and finger loop handle
Bear Spray is a formulation of Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Bear Safe Formula, a natural ingredient derived from hot peppers that is EPA regulated. Upon contact, OC Pepper causes the membranes of the eyes, nose and lungs of a bear to engorge and the result is the temporary loss of sight, restriction of breathing and a painful burning sensation.
To use Guard Alaska Bear Spray, pull off the orange safety wedge on the top of the grip. Be ready to spray the bear by pressing down on the actuator button on the top of the hand grip. (Check out our bear spray holster
for easy carrying).
Store in cool dry areas away from heat, flame or strong sunlight. Do not store where temperature may exceed 120°F/50°C such as an enclosed vehicle, which can cause spray canisters to leak from over pressurization and fail to function properly. Do not store in cold environments below 32°F/0°C, which can cause depressurization and the loss of effective range.
Mace Brand pepper sprays have a shelf life of three years from the date of manufacture and each unit is labeled with an expiration date. An expired unit will not have the amount of pressurization needed to spray properly. Expired units should be disposed of in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations. We recommend purchasing a new unit every two to three years to make sure you are always safe!
Before purchasing pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state. The following states have shipping restrictions on pepper spray:
States and Districts Where Pepper Sprays are Restricted:
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Michigan: <35 grams per can, no stronger than 10% concentrate. No combinations.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.
(including dog and bear sprays) can be legally shipped to and purchased from online retailers in ALL 48 contiguous states, including the restricted states listed above.