The new DD5V1 is a groundbreaking, performance-driven platform engineered from muzzle to buttstock.
Incorporating over a decade of expertise from industry-leading Daniel Defense engineers and designers, the DD5V1 establishes a whole new standard in the .308 platform. With innovative features like a 4-bolt connection system utilizing a unique barrel extension, an optimized upper receiver, an improved bolt carrier group, ambidextrous controls, a configurable modular charging handle, and a cold-hammer-forged barrel, the DD5V1—although built around a traditional AR platform— establishes a new tradition in 7.62 rifles. It also features a Geissele SSA two-stage trigger for precise fire control. Even with all of these features, plus a DD Superior Suppression Device and 15” Picatinny top rail, the DD5V1 weighs only 8.3 lbs. The new DD5V1 will be sure to deliver the accuracy, reliability, and durability expected from Daniel Defense.
||7.62 x 51mm / .308 Winchester
||5/8 x 24 TPI (threads per inch)
||33.375" - 37"
||Magpul PMAG 20-Round
||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
- 16" Strength-2-Weight Cold Hammer Forged Barrel for optimal stiffness/weight ratio, improving accuracy and handling
- Innovative 4-bolt connection system utilizing a unique barrel extension securely attaches free-floating CHF barrel and KeyMod handguard mounts securely to upper without barrel nut
- Bolt and carrier designed with oversized cam pin, enhanced extractor geometry, and dual ejectors
- Ambidextrous safety selector, magazine catch, bolt release, and configurable modular charging handle
- Lower receiver features integral oversized trigger guard and flared magazine well for SR-25 type magazines
- Geissele SSA 2-Stage Trigger with its smooth 2.5 lb take-up and clean 2 lb break