Box of 20 TAP Barrier .223 Rem 62 Grain Rifle Rounds
Note: Must be an Authorized LE buyer to purchase.
TAP® Barrier™ turns cover into concealment. Hornady® originally developed this ammunition to meet the requirement for a high-speed, barrier penetrating bullet that could be used for nuclear power plant security.
The design of the TAP® Barrier™ round allows the projectile to maintain its structural integrity while punching through barriers, yet still initiate expansion in soft tissue.
For patrol carbine programs or any tactical situation where the need is for accuracy, barrier penetration, and terminal soft tissue performance, Hornady® TAP® Barrier™ ammunition is the ideal choice.
To Purchase Ammunition at OfficerStore:
- Ballistic Coefficient: .264
- Sectional Density: .176
- Bullet Length: .795"
- Recommended Rifling Twist Rate: 1:7" to 1:12"
- Characteristics: Barrier with cannelure, Soft point
- TAP Barrier™
- Powder:Temperature stable with flash retardant
- Primer: Small rifle, Staked primer pocket
- Manufacturer's Name (Hornady) and Caliber Designation (223 REM) imprinted on case head
- Match Grade Brass Composite
Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun and rifle ammunition.
- Ground only. Expedited shipping is not available
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately
- Ammunition is non-returnable
Please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering ammunition. Some states require that you purchase with an FFL. Contact your FFL to arrange pickup of your ammunition.
- Illinois: You must submit FOID and State ID on file
- Connecticut: You must submit AEC or Pistol Permit and State ID on file
- California: No Ammo without an FFL
- Massachusetts: No Ammo without an FFL
- New York: No Ammo without an FFL
- Washington D.C.: No Ammo
- APO & FPO Address: No Ammo
- PO. Boxes: No Ammo
If your state requires an FFL, follow the normal checkout process.
You must include your FFL's name and phone number in the comment section before you click "Place My Order".