Case of 500 Critical Duty, .45 ACP+P 220 Gr. rounds
Available for purchase by First Responders with valid identification.
Meeting the FBI protocol handgun ammunition terminal performance test requirements is no small task – especially with a bullet as large as .45 caliber – but Hornady engineers have succeeded!
Featuring the 220 grain FlexLock® bullet, the Critical Duty 45 Auto+P delivers industry leading performance through all FBI established urban barriers.
The FlexLock® bullet features the Hornady exclusive Flex Tip® technology that prevents bullet clogging while enhancing barrier penetration and terminal performance. A massive jacket-to-core InterLock® band is used to lock the jacket and core together for high weight retention.
Additionally, all Critical Duty® loads feature low-flash propellants and nickel plated cartridge cases with sealed primers and case mouths.
|Velocity (fps) / Energy (ft-lbs)
To Purchase Ammunition at OfficerStore:
- FLEXLOCK® BULLET incorporates two revolutionary Hornady features: the patented Flex Tip® that initiates consistent expansion every single time while preventing any clogging, and the heavy duty InterLock® band that locks the jacket and core together.
- CANNELURED BULLET WITH CRIMPED CASE ensures no bullet setback during feeding.
- INTERLOCK® BAND works to keep the bullet and core from separating for maximum weight retention and proven terminal performance through all FBI test barriers.
- CORE is made of high-antimony lead making it extremely tough, delivering controlled expansion for unparalleled terminal performance consistency through all FBI test barriers. It’s also more economical than similar bonded bullets.
- NICKEL-PLATED CASES resist corrosion and greatly enhance low-light chamber checks.
Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun and rifle ammunition.
Ground only. Expedited shipping is not available
Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately
Ammunition is non-returnable
Please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering ammunition. Some states require that you purchase with an FFL. Contact your FFL to arrange pickup of your ammunition.
- Illinois: You must submit FOID and State ID on file
- Connecticut: You must submit AEC or Pistol Permit and State ID on file
- California: No Ammo without an FFL
- Massachusetts: No Ammo without an FFL
- New York: No Ammo without an FFL
- Washington D.C.: No Ammo
- APO & FPO Address: No Ammo
- PO. Boxes: No Ammo
If your state requires an FFL, follow the normal checkout process.
You must include your FFL's name and phone number in the comment section before you click "Place My Order".
Note: This item is excluded from shipping promotions. Special handling fees and freight quotes may still be required.