5400 Heat Stress Tracker Pro with LiNK Compass + Vane Mount
The most user-friendly environmental meters and data loggers on the market. With these rugged, accurate heat index and Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) monitors, users can easily access key environmental data to make informed decisions and prevent heat-related injuries and incidents.
- Measures Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), Thermal Work Limit (TWL), heat index, temperature, humidity and much more. 15 measurements in all!
- Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Handheld, portable, data logger with customizable warning flag settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
The Kestrel 5400 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4400 and 4600. The Kestrel 5400 is a handheld, portable, WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement tool and environmental data logger. No need for distilled water, bulky globes, complicated setup or expensive equipment. Getting accurate measurements couldn’t be easier: just hold the Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker in the area of interest for both instantaneous and average WBGT measurements. Set the appropriate WBGT thresholds for flag warnings and the loud buzzer, bright LED beacon and on-screen warnings provide instant notification of dangerous conditions. Plus the Kestrel 5400 comes with commonly used heat safety guidelines on a handy, waterproof chart.
Unlike other WBGT meters on the market, the Kestrel 5400 is a full-featured weather meter as well. Measure wind speed, maximum wind gusts, temperature, humidity, pressure, wind chill, density altitude and more. No matter what your activity, the Kestrel 5400 provides insight into the critical conditions affecting safety, performance and success. The Kestrel 5400 with LiNK wireless data communication adds a compass for tracking wind direction as well, expanding its usability to include HAZMAT response, and even measuring headwind at the running track!
The new Kestrel 5 Series platform adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4400 or 4600, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation and offers optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5400 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can be used anywhere needed to keep athletes, workers, military personnel and animals safe from heat injury. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Pair the Kestrel 5400 with the optional Kestrel Vane Mount for hands-free measurements over the course of the practice, training session or workday. And for maximum functionality, choose the Kestrel 5400 with LiNK to transmit live measurements to your phone or tablet when you’re within range. The Kestrel LiNK app for iOS and Android(Coming Soon) will also display alerts on your mobile device to let you know when conditions have become dangerous.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5400 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. The Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker line has been used by the US Army, US Navy, athletic trainers, and even organizers at the Boston Marathon. There truly is no comparable environmental safety monitoring tool on the market. Adopt best safety practices for your team or workplace and add a Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker to your toolkit.
- Kestrel LiNK for mobile: Android and iOS apps put crucial information at your fingertips with real time remote data viewing on phones and tablets up to 100' away. Kestrel LiNK also provides easy data export, threshold alerts and simple firmware updates.
- LiNK wireless connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart: Robust connectivity to both iOS and Android mobile devices as well as Windows and MAC computers. (Computers require optional Kestrel USB Dongle)
- USB Data Transfer Cable: Low profile, lightweight, waterproof cable provides wired connectivity to Windows and MAC computers for fast data uploads and firmware updates. Compatible with every model in the Kestrel 5 series.
- Sleek, rugged tripod vane mount: Small, secure, robust, vane mount turns any Kestrel 5 series meter into a portable weather station that remains oriented into the wind. (Included in some models where noted, otherwise sold accessory)
- Large high contrast screen: Easily readable text in almost any setting, including bright sunlight, with more visible information on the screen at all times. This high resolution display is easy on the eyes, allowing you to get more information from customizable user screens, charting and graphing options without causing eye strain or fatigue.
- Dual color backlight: Toggle backlight color between standard white and night-vision-preserving red (NV). The red NV backlight features an optical wavelength selected to help users sustain natural night vision and reduced brightness to avoid detection during night maneuvers.
- Secure battery door: Large O-ring sealed door provides easy, tool-free battery access.
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window: Rigid, polycarbonate lens with scratch-coating protects the display from damage.
- Corrosion-resistant battery compartment: Battery in isolated from electronics, reducing damage in the event of a battery leak. (Note: Lithium AA batteries recommended to avoid battery leakage altogether.)
- Intuitive user-interface: Icon-based navigation, intuitive keypad, and multiple languages make the Kestrel a breeze to use.
Tripod is available separately