The Hornady Critical Defense line of personal defense ammunition has added 44 Special to the lineup.
Note: Must be an Authorized LE buyer to purchase.
Concealed Carry Reliability. The most effective, consistent, and reliable self-defense ammunition available today!
Since their inception, conventional hollow point pistol bullets have performed well, but have never delivered 100% reliability, especially in self-defense situations.
The patented Flex Tip® technology used in Critical Defense® ammunition eliminates the clogging and inconsistency that often plagues hollow point bullets. Hornady® achieved this by using the same tip material used in LEVERevolution® ammunition.
All Critical Defense® ammunition is loaded in nickel-plated cases for increased visibility in low-light situations. Premium low flash propellants deliver proven performance, even in very short-barreled handguns, and won't disrupt your vision.
Reliable expansion and dependable terminal performance can be counted on for concealed carry and personal protection.
V Barrel 2.5"
Velocity (fps) / Energy (ft-lbs)
To Purchase Ammunition at OfficerStore:
- Unaffected by thick and heavy clothing, including denim and leather.
- Patented FTX bullet delivers superior controlled expansion and large, deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities.
- Clean burning and stable propellants reduce recoil in lightweight handguns, and perform consistently in all temperatures.
- Minimal muzzle flash protects night vision.
- Feeds reliably in all pistols.
- Shiny silver nickel plating prevents corrosion, and is easily visible in low light situations.
- Bullets are cannelured and crimped to avoid bullet setback.
- Bullets are custom designed for individual loads.
Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun and rifle ammunition.
- Ground only. Expedited shipping is not available
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately
- Ammunition is non-returnable
Please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering ammunition. Some states require that you purchase with an FFL. Contact your FFL to arrange pickup of your ammunition.
- Illinois: You must submit FOID and State ID on file
- Connecticut: You must submit AEC or Pistol Permit and State ID on file
- California: No Ammo without an FFL
- Massachusetts: No Ammo without an FFL
- New York: No Ammo without an FFL
- Washington D.C.: No Ammo
- APO & FPO Address: No Ammo
- PO. Boxes: No Ammo
If your state requires an FFL, follow the normal checkout process.
You must include your FFL's name and phone number in the comment section before you click "Place My Order".
Note: This item is excluded from shipping promotions. Special handling fees and freight quotes may still be required.