New OC Technology Increases Target Acquisition When Controlling Dynamic Subjects
The Aerosol Irritant Projector fires a stream up to 12-15' (4-5 M). The Point-of-Aim for the stream delivery system is a line from ear-to-ear across the eyes. The Red Formulation delivers approximately 1.33% MC and 10% OC.
Crossfire introduces 3rd generation technology which allows SABRE OC canisters to deploy continuously from any position increasing Officer safety and reducing control and restraint challenges.
Picture the face of an analog clock which displays the time through the use of fixed numbered dials and moving hands. 1st generation OC sprays only deploy upright between the clock’s 10 and 2 dials. 2nd generation OC sprays increase target acquisition with the addition of ½ second bursts deployments between the clock’s 4 and 8 dials. The 3rd generation Crossfire will deploy continuously from any position or dial on a clock to maximize target acquisition when encountering dynamic subjects. No shaking needed for stream deployment.
- Crossfire will deploy vertically downward, from a horizontal position, if needed.
- Crossfire will deploy vertically upward, from a horizontal position, if needed.
- Inert training units featuring Crossfire Technology are also available.
- Stream delivery
- Range: 12-15 ft | 4-5 m
- Active ingredient: 10% OC
- 2,000,000 SHU's
- Scoville content: 200,000
- 1.33% Capsaicinoids
- Flip top firing mechanism
- Propellant: Nitrogen
- Seamless extruded aluminum canister
- 5 year Warranty
MAJOR CAPSAICINOIDS (MC):
4" / 10.16 cm
4.35” / 10.8 cm
4.75” / 12.07 cm
6.25” / 15.87 cm
1.38" / 3.49 cm
1.50” / 3.81 cm
1.38” / 3.49 cm
1.50” / 3.81 cm
This is what makes your OC spray hot! MC delivers pain, irritation, inflammation, coughing, temporary blindness and redness of skin. Measured via High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), MC is the only accurate strength indicator
. MC represents the strength of the entire formulation or the spray which is projected from your canister. OC effectiveness increases with sprays containing higher MC content.
SCOVILLE HEAT UNITS (SHU):
Don’t believe the hype. SHUs only measure the strength of raw OC which by the way is diluted from 90 to 98% percent! SHUs do not measure the strength of the spray projected from your canister! They are NOT an accurate measure of pepper spray strength.
OLEORESIN CAPSICUM (OC) PERCENTAGE:
Only measures the amount of OC within the formulation. Who cares how much you use if it is not hot?
Water soluble Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) and ultraviolet making dye. The formulation is non-flammable and electronic immobilization device compatible. Each canister is stabilized and contains an operating pressure of 140 PSI.
All canisters are labeled with a protective Mylar over lamination cover which resists wear and water damage. Canisters are labeled with the shot pattern, batch number, serial number and expiration date. Individually serialized canisters permit easy identification and link to formulation batch numbers for quality assurance tracking.
Security Equipment Corporation maintains quality control system in accordance with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for the following:
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Tests:
- Operation Test
- Discharge Duration Test
- Intermittent Discharge Test
- High Temperature Exposure Test
- One Year Time Leakage Test
- Temperature Cycle Test
- Operating Weight Test
- Gasket Dependability Test
- Hydrostatic Pressure Test
- Pressure Vessel Test
Federal Regulations - Security Equipment Corporation certifies that all units comply with the following:
- 29 CFR 1910 - Occupational Safety And Health Standards
- AOAC 995.03 - Oleoresin Capsicum Assay
- 16 CFR 1500.41 - Test for skin irritant
- 16 CFR 1500.130 - Labeling of self-pressurized canisters
- 16 CFR 1500.45 - Test method for determining flammability of contents of self-pressurized canisters
- 16 CFR 1500.42 - Test for eye irritant
- 16 CFR 1500.3 - Acute Inhalation Toxicity Study
* AOAC Official Method 995.03 Capsaicinoids in Capsicums and Their Extractives, Liquid Chromatographic Method (HPLC). Security Equipment Corporation uses AOAC Method 995.03 because it is the preferred method of the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Federal Government.
Before deciding to purchase a pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state.
States and Districts Where Pepper Sprays are Restricted
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.