Defense Level I delivers approximately 10% OC along with 0.33% Major Capsaicinoids
SABRE provides officers with the best AIP and the best chance to gain control of “goal oriented”, alcohol and/or drug induced and emotionally disturbed subjects without the need to escalate to a higher level of force. Their commitment to research and testing allows them to improve on their superior products as they move forward. SABRE’s ultimate goal is officer safety and agency satisfaction.
- No More Inconsistent Heat Levels
- No More Bad Batches
- No More Failure to Reach Target
TAC (Target Acquisition Confirmation) eliminates failures due to missed target acquisition. The natural OC pigment permits identification of contact area confirming if a second more accurate shot is required.
MAJOR CAPSAICINOIDS (MC):
- Foam: 10 ft range
- Stream: 15 to 20 ft range
- Active ingredient: 10% OC
- Major Capsaicinoids: 0.33%
- Flip Top
- MK-3: 4.35" | 10.8cm
- MK-4: 6.25" | 15.87 cm
- Diameter: 1.05" | 3.81 cm
This is what makes your OC spray hot! MC delivers pain, irritation, inflammation, coughing, temporary blindness and redness of skin. Measured via High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), MC is the only accurate strength indicator. MC represents the strength of the entire formulation or the spray which is projected from your canister. OC effectiveness increases with sprays containing higher MC content.
SCOVILLE HEAT UNITS (SHU):
Don’t believe the hype. SHUs only measure the strength of raw OC which by the way is diluted from 90 to 98% percent! SHUs do not measure the strength of the spray projected from your canister! They are NOT an accurate measure of pepper spray strength.
OLEORESIN CAPSICUM (OC) PERCENTAGE:
Only measures the amount of OC within the formulation. Who cares how much you use if it is not hot?
Water soluble Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) and ultraviolet making dye. The formulation is non-flammable and electronic immobilization device compatible. Each canister is stabilized and contains an operating pressure of 140 PSI.
All canisters are labeled with a protective Mylar over lamination cover which resists wear and water damage. Canisters are labeled with the shot pattern, batch number, serial number and expiration date. Individually serialized canisters permit easy identification and link to formulation batch numbers for quality assurance tracking.
Security Equipment Corporation maintains quality control system in accordance with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for the following:
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Tests:
- Operation Test
- Discharge Duration Test
- Intermittent Discharge Test
- High Temperature Exposure Test
- One Year Time Leakage Test
- Temperature Cycle Test
- Operating Weight Test
- Gasket Dependability Test
- Hydrostatic Pressure Test
- Pressure Vessel Test
Security Equipment Corporation certifies that all units comply with the following:
- 29 CFR 1910 - Occupational Safety And Health Standards
- 16 CFR 1500.130 - Labeling of self-pressurized canisters
Before deciding to purchase a pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state.
States and Districts Where Pepper Sprays are Restricted
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.