The simple way to keep a stationary vehicle from fleeing.
Reduce your liability by preventing pursuits before they happen.
The pocket-sized RAT-TRAP® II tire deflator folds to about the size of a cigarette pack and weighs just 3 oz. Yet it can effectively neutralize a vehicle that might be used to flee authorities.
- Reduce liability by preventing pursuits before they start.
- Lightweight, pocket-sized tire deflator effectively prevents stationary vehicles from fleeing
- Folds to enclose spikes and fit easily into your shirt pocket, where it’s available fast
- High-strength polymer base is designed to embed the hollow spikes straight into the tire for fast, controlled deflation
- Hollow stainless steel spikes deflate tire safely in 5 seconds or less
Small, light, and so simple to set
Remove the Rat Trap® II from your shirt pocket, open its high-strength polymer case, and place the unit under a non-drive tire. If the suspect attempts to flee, the Rat Trap II will quickly deflate the tire—usually in 5 seconds or less.
In moments, the slower speed of the vehicle will force the suspect to stop. Once the Rat Trap II unit is deployed, simply replace the spikes in the unit, wipe it clean, fold the base, and put it back into your pocket for the next rat.
Safely deflates tires of all kinds—to prevent a potentially dangerous pursuit.
The Rat Trap II uses patented Stinger Spike System technology to ensure effective penetration in virtually any size and type of tire, deflating it in under 5 seconds.
If the driver moves the vehicle over the open unit, the patented design plants its hollow, 2-inch long spikes squarely and fully into the tire, allowing air to escape at a controlled rate without causing a blowout or sudden loss of control. Deflation typically takes less than 5 seconds, slowing the vehicle, and letting the perpetrator make a controlled stop.
The Rat Trap’s spikes and patented mechanism are effective on all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and buses.
- Prevents pursuits
- Lowers costs
- Reduces liability
- Fits in shirt pocket
- Always ready for use
- Warrant service
- Stolen vehicle surveillance
- SWAT operations
- Any time an officer feels a suspect might try to flee
- Weight: 3.0 oz (84 g)
- Dimensions folded: 4" x 2.2" x 0.9" | 10.2 x 5.6 x 23. cm
- Spike Count: 2
- Spike material: 304-T7 stainless steel for superior strength and effective tire penetration.
- Spike Length: 2"
This device is only for use by trained law enforcement officers. Spikes are extremely sharp and should remain covered with tip guards. Always handle spike systems with care.
When deploying by "pull" method align unit and rope slightly past right angle to road to keep rope taut. Hold rope by spool handle only. Do not hold rope in hand or wrap around wrist or hand while unit is run over.
Serious injury could result in the event system gets caught up with vehicle. High speed vehicles may toss road debris. Wear safety glasses to protect eyes. Pick up any spilled spikes. If stepped on they can roll and could cause falls.