Designed to effectively distribute a large amount of OC deterrent over a widespread area. Fast. Designed to stop a large group of people over a widespread area. Quickly, effectively, and safely.
Delivers a cone-shaped fog of potent OC, for maximum stopping power at close range.
The 0.7% OC Fogger MK-3 aerosol can deploy a potent cone-shaped “fog” of highly atomized oil-based OC solution to a distance of 3-6 feet. When correctly aimed, the OC “fog” envelopes the target in an oily mist of very small OC particles that not only effects the eyes, nose, and skin, but is easily inhaled, instantly effecting the target’s respiratory system and producing a debilitating gagging reflex.
Originally the flagship formulation of the Federal Laboratories aerosol line
, the 0.7% OC Aerosol Fogger contains an oil-based OC with a higher capsaicinoid concentration than that used in Pepper10 or First Defense. Despite the lower “percentage” of OC in the formula, the final concentration of major capsaicinoids (MC) in the 0.7% solution is slightly higher, resulting in a more pungent, highly effective aerosol.
The 0.7% oil soluble replaces the current 5.5% Pepper Mace® formulation. This formulation is proven non-flammable and Electronic Discharge Weapon (EDW) safe.
What is the difference between SHUs and MC%?
Tested and proven—in the streets, in the lab, and in the courtroom.
- Defense Technology® no longer recognizes Scoville Heat Units (SHUs) as a viable means to measure pungency in regards to pepper spray.
- Scoville Heat Units are a subjective measurement system dating back to the American Spice Trade. For years SHUs have been used as a measuring system within the pepper spray industry, resulting in confusion and a lack of confidence and consistency regarding the pungency and percentage of OC formulations.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography or HPLC is the only true way to measure the heat of a formulation. It is a scientific method and ensures consistency. This is the standard used by Defense Technology®. The finished Defense Technology® OC formulations are tested at an independent laboratory tested for the exact percentage of major capsaicinoids (MC %).
Defense Technology has never lost or settled a legal claim against them. Ever.
(Ingredients): d-Limonene, Secondary Butanol, and Oil-Based OC.
Defense Technology 0.7% OC Aerosol Stream is available in MK- 4, MK-6, and MK-9 aerosol projectors.
MK-3 PROJECTOR SPECIFICATIONS:
||0.7% oil-based OC (Oleoresin Capsicum)
||1.6 oz. | 68.0 g
|Number of 1 sec. Bursts
||10 - 12
||3 - 6 feet
SAFE AND EASY TO USE:
- Material: Aluminum (seamless construction) Part 178.33a Specification 2Q
- Height: 4.35" | 11.0 cm
- Diameter: 1.50" | 3.8 cm
- Warranty: 5 years from date of manufacture
A protective, spring-loaded black plastic safety cover is attached to the upper portion of the outer casing above the actuator. The Flip Top actuator assists in directional holding, aiming, and discharging of the device during all light conditions. The cover prevents accidental discharge of the unit and conveniently moves out of the way with the approach of the thumb or finger to permit easy access to the actuator. No separate lifting motion is required to activate the device.
wear and water-resistant labels affixed to all units permit easy identification. Lot numbers for formulation are present for quality assurance tracking.
Before deciding to purchase a pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state.
States and Districts Where Pepper Sprays are Restricted
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Michigan: <35 grams per can, no stronger than 10% concentrate. No combinations.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.