Blackhawk's Ergonomic Duty Belt Harness shifts the weight of your duty belt from your hips to your shoulders, making it easier for your body to support your equipment-filled duty belt.
Developed in conjunction with the NIJ, Blackhawk's Ergonomic Duty Belt Harness is designed to shift the weight of your duty belt from your hips to your shoulders so as to relieve excessive stress on your back. This well-designed, surprisingly comfortable harness fits unobtrusively under your duty shirt (with slight modifications) and over your body armor to make it easier for your body to support your equipment-filled duty belt. A wide range of adjustment allows the harness to fit comfortably on any duty belt up to 2.25" wide and on practically any body. With Blackhawk's Ergonomic Duty Belt Harness supporting your belt, you'll be ready to go all out with your gear in a much more comfortable way.
Features and Benefits:
- Selected, funded, and developed in conjunction with the NIJ to address back and hip pain
- Harness alleviates the discomfort caused by the weight of an equipment-laden duty belt
- Lightweight, comfortable design distributes weight smoothly and evenly across the shoulders
- Available in two sizes, each with a broad range of adjustments, to fit any kind of body armor and body type
- Harness fits comfortably over any kind of concealable body armor-no need to buy specific armor packages
- Duty shirts can be easily modified by a sewist or a dry cleaner to create slot openings in the side seams to accommodate the quick-release buckles and belt keepers shown above
- Quick-release attachment loops allow duty belt to be released in a seconds in an emergency
- Harness has no moving parts that can fail
Duty shirts will require simple modification to create slot openings in the side seams to accommodate the quick-release buckles and belt keepers shown above. This can be done easily by practically anyone who sews — including most dry-cleaners — usually for a minimal cost. Download the manufacturer's instruction sheet (click the link below) for full details.
Click here to see how the Ergonomic Duty Belt Harness adjusts to fit practically anyone, and how easy it is to modify your duty shirts to accommodate this back-saving duty accessory.