A Tactical and Practical Multi-tool—specially engineered to keep an M-16, and its operator, going strong.
** If you choose to customize this tool it will add an additional 2 business days to your estimated ship date. The item will be shipped directly from the vendor and we cannot guarantee that the vendor has the item in-stock at this time.**
- MUT takes tactical function to the next level without losing the everyday practicality of a Leatherman multi-tool
- Developed by competitive shooters and operational snipers—for military, LE, or civilian shooters.
- Specialized tools for your M16/AR can quickly clear a Death Jam or help you break down and clean your weapon faster, with few extra tools.
- Leatherman’s strongest, most versatile pliers/wire cutters ever at one end and a safety zip-tie/cord/belt-cutter on the other.
- Modular design and many replaceable parts keep function at maximum levels
- Includes MOLLE Sheath, removable Pocket Clip, 1/2” x 3/8” Wrench Accessory & variety of driver bits
- Choose silver or black finish
Developed by Leatherman in conjunction with competitive shooters and operational snipers. The Leatherman MUT is the first multi-tool that functions as both a tactical and practical tool for the military, LE, or civilian shooters. The Leatherman MUT takes tactical design and modularity to the next level, yet maintains Leatherman’s proven, practical multi-tool functions for everyday life.
In addition to its all its standard Leatherman functions, the MUT was specifically designed for these critical functions on M16/AR15 rifles:
- Optic mounting and adjustment
- Bolt override malfunctions
- Take down and retaining pin removal
- Firing pin retaining pin removal
- Carbon removal on bolt carrier, bolt and firing pin
- Cleaning rod and brush attachments
“Leatherman has come up with a tactical and practical multi-tool that should be with every patrol and rifle-carrying cop in the country.”
— American Cop
Replaceable parts in all the right places.
The most commonly used parts on the Leatherman MUT are replaceable and all use a Torx #8 for adjustment. Being able to replace these parts in-the-field keeps down-time to a minimum. There are even male and female threads made to accept standard cleaning rods and brushes, eliminating the need to carry a separate handle. A removable pocket clip, carabiner, or MOLLE sheath give you plenty of options for carrying your MUT. And there’s so much more. The carabiner doubles as a bottle opener. And the MOLLE sheath will fit a double-stack 9mm clip. So much utility. So little space.
Necessary Accessories Included. The MUT comes with a wrench accessory that features ½” and 3/8”, 12-point heads for optic system adjustment. The wrench features a diamond file on one side and military grid system scale 1:50,000 on the other. Includes one standard and two long double-ended tool-steel driver bits for adjustment of weapon sighting systems, as well as general use. The removable, reversible bits can be stored on the tool itself when not in-use. The MUT also comes with a 1000D, Cordura MOLLE sheath with mil-spec. fasteners that holds the tool, wrench/file, plus an extra bit kit and Torx #8 adjustment wrench (sold separately).
American Made. Warranted for 25 years of tough use. Quality and precision are built into every Leatherman multi-tool in their plant in Portland, Oregon—and backed by a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty.
“Soldier ingenuity meets ‘Batman’ cool.”
— Army Magazine
MUT Utility: Features & Specifications
- 3” Knife Blade, 420HC Stainless Steel Clip Point Combo Straight/Serrated
- Needlenose Pliers
- Regular Pliers
- 154CM Replaceable Wire Cutters
- 154CM Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters
- Stranded Wire Cutter
- Replaceable Cutting Hook
- Bolt Override Tool
- Replaceable Firearm Disassembly Punch
- Replaceable Carbon Scraper
- Cleaning Rod/Brush Adapters
- Carabiner Clip
- Bottle Opener
- 1/2" and 3/8" Wrench Accessory with diamond file & military grid scale 1:50,000 on handle
- Large Bit Driver
- Included Bits:
- Phillips #1-2 and 3/16” Screwdriver
- Phillips #2 and 1/4” Screwdriver
- Torx #15 and Hex 7/64”
- Stainless Steel Body
- Stainless Steel Handles
- Outside-accessible Blades for One-handed Opening
- All Locking Blades and Tools
- Bronze Carbon Scraper and Titanium Pocket Clip
- Choose standard silver or black Oxide version
- Removable Pocket Clip
- MOLLE Sheath
- 25-Year Warranty
- Closed length: 5 in/ 12.7 cm
- Blade Length: 3 in / 7.62 cm
- Weight: 11.2 oz / 317.5 g
Includes a Sheath tough enough, and versatile enough, for a Leatherman.
Filled with features of its own:
- Main body is two layers of 1000 Denier Textured Cordura with A DWR Finish (MIL-C-437234, Class III), black
- Flap that secures tool is two layers of 2.0” wide nylon webbing ( MIL-W-17337), black
- VELCRO® brand closure is 100% woven Nylon Hook 88 and Loop 1000 ( MIL-AA55126B, Type II, Class I), black
- MOLLE strapping is nylon webbing ( MIL-W-17337), black
- Snap to attach sheath to MOLLE system is YKK, SK-50, Dull Black Chem finish (MIL-DTL-10884H, Style II)
- Large main pocket can hold the MUT…or a double stack 9mm clip
- Oversized VELCRO® brand closure (6 sq. in. of Hook and Loop engagement) for maximum security
- External Bit Kit pocket that can hold a single BIT KIT
- Hidden internal pocket that can store another BIT KIT or a SURGE saw and file set (optional accessories, not included).
- Flexible MOLLE strap attachment made for easy-install.
- Adjustment wrench pocket hidden in MOLLE strap
- External elastic panel that can hold a AAA or AA back-up flashlight (not included)