A hotter First Defense Formulation—in an improved delivery system.
First Defense 360°™combines a substantially hotter product with the latest breakthrough in aerosol performance. Utilizing compressed air with a barrier membrane separating the liquid formulation, this improved OC aerosol can deliver a powerful stream pattern of the most potent First Defense OC formula ever, at any angle, any orientation.
A true breakthrough in aerosol performance. It doesn’t matter if you hold the First Defense 360º dispenser upright, upside down, or sideways. As long as you can point the nozzle at the target and press the trigger, you can deliver an effective, controlled 10-12 ft. stream with minimal chance of cross contamination or disturbance by wind or rain compared to alternate delivery systems. No additional training or education is required.
All the attributes of the original First Defense…but with twice the heat. FIRST DEFENSE® OC Formulation was created to provide the safest OC aerosol on the market. Today the original formulation is the most widely used pepper spray in law enforcement and corrections throughout the world. Now, with First Defense, you get all the reliability and proven effectiveness, in an even hotter formulation. Its 0.4% capsaicin concentration—double the active capsaicin level of the original First Defense—provides a familiar non-lethal deterrent you can count on in the toughest situations. Without concerns about decontamination, health, or environmental risks.
First Defense®: Now more effective. Still water soluble. Like the original First Defense® Oleoresin Capsicum, First Defense is processed further than oil-based OC to remove natural oils, waxes and fats; yielding a formulation that is clear of color and consistent in its potency. The OC manufactured for First Defense® X2 is water-soluble, all-food grade and thoroughly tested for effectiveness and safety. At 500,000 SHU, it’s also the hottest, water-soluble OC available. Based on their extensive research, Defense Technology has determined that the hotter 0.4% capsaicinoid level is optimum for consistent effectiveness. But because First Defense’s water-soluble OC formula decontaminates more easily then oil-based solutions, it not so excessive that decontamination time or simplicity is compromised.
Non-flammable, environmentally friendly, simple to clean. First Defense OC Aerosols use only food-grade formulations and safe nitrogen propellant, making them completely non-flammable and biologically sound. They contain no HCFCs or CFCs. And because First Defense is water-soluble, it allows relatively easy clean-up and decontamination of skin and surfaces, using soap and water or just a damp cloth. Clothing and fabrics can be cleaned by machine washing or dry cleaning. Airborne OC can be cleared from buildings with simple ventilation.
What is the difference between SHUs and MC%?
- Defense Technology® no longer recognizes Scoville Heat Units (SHUs) as a viable means to measure pungency in regards to pepper spray.
- Scoville Heat Units are a subjective measurement system dating back to the American Spice Trade. For years SHUs have been used as a measuring system within the pepper spray industry, resulting in confusion and a lack of confidence and consistency regarding the pungency and percentage of OC formulations.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography or HPLC is the only true way to measure the heat of a formulation. It is a scientific method and ensures consistency. This is the standard used by Defense Technology®. The finished Defense Technology® OC formulations are tested at an independent laboratory tested for the exact percentage of major capsaicinoids (MC %).
|COOL IT! For faster relief. Convenient COOL IT! aerosols and towelettes contain a quick-acting herbal ingredient designed to draw the oily resin of OC out of the skin.
Tested and proven—in the streets, in the lab, and in the courtroom. Defense Technology has never lost or settled a legal claim against them. Ever.
First Defense 360° is available in MK- 3 and MK-4 aerosol projectors.
CARRIER (Ingredients): Distilled Water, Specifically Denatured, Alcohol (Ethanol), Propylene Glycol, and Water-Miscible OC.
TECHNICAL RESOURCES AND PRODUCT INFORMATION:
- Projector: MK-4 X2 360º, 3.0oz
- Formulation: First Defense X2 water-soluble OC (Oleoresin Capsicum)
- Delivery System: Stream, 360º delivery
- Propellant: Compressed Air, Barrier Separated
- Formulation Weight: 3.0 oz./85.0 grams
- Number of 1 sec. Bursts: 12-14
- Effective Range: 0 to 12 feet/ 3-4 meters
Click Defense Technology First Defense DEF-5249A USA only.pdf
May be used to comply with OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard, 29CFR 1910. 1200.
Standard must be consulted for specific requirements.
OC and Pepper Sprays: click here for oc-and-pepper-sprays.pdf
MK-4 PROJECTOR SPECIFICATIONS
- Material: Aluminum (seamless construction) Part 178.33a Specification 2Q
- Height: 6.25 inches/15.9 cm
- Diameter: 1.50 inches/3.8 cm
- Warranty: 5 years from date of manufacture
SAFE AND EASY TO USE: A protective, spring-loaded black plastic safety cover is attached to the upper portion of the outer casing above the actuator. The Flip Top actuator assists in directional holding, aiming, and discharging of the device during all light conditions. The cover prevents accidental discharge of the unit and conveniently moves out of the way with the approach of the thumb or finger to permit easy access to the actuator. No separate lifting motion is required to activate the device.
INDIVIDUALLY SERIALIZED: Wear and water-resistant labels affixed to all units permit easy identification. Lot numbers for formulation are present for quality assurance tracking.
Before deciding to purchase a pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state. The following states have shipping restrictions on pepper spray:
States and Districts Where Pepper Sprays are Restricted
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Michigan: <35 grams per can, no stronger than 10% concentrate. No combinations.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.