Emergency Responder: Advanced First Aid for Non-EMS Personnel is not just another first-aid book.Designed for working professionals, this flexible program blends textbook with online modules and instructor-led hands-on training events. Drawing from their years of experience training and developing emergency response teams, the authors cover the most important skills needed in order to effectively respond to life-threatening events.
Carefully designed skill sheets included in the text assist readers in developing the competency necessary to perform each skill with accuracy and confidence. Establishing a foundation in the basic concepts of emergency medical care, the text presents in a logical, easy-to-follow format many of the most common illnesses and injuries responders are likely to encounter. The authors provide realistic depth and breadth of information in a way that will make you successful caring for people who have fallen victim to sudden illness or injury.
- EMS systems & the role of the First Responder
- Legal & Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
- Wellness & Safety of the First Responder
- Introduction to Anatomy
- Lifting, moving, positioning
- Airway management and rescue breathing
- Principles of assessment
- Medical Emergencies
- Soft tissue injuries and Shock
- Muscle and bone injuries
- Head and spine injuries
- Multiple Casualty incidents and triage
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Airway adjuncts, suctioning, and oxygen therapy
- Responding to terrorist threat
- Author: Chris Le Baudour
- Published February 18th, 2011
- 288 Pages
- 1st Edition
Ratings & Reviews
06/21/2022 10:08 am
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !