90% of structural fire fatalities are caused by smoke inhalation…after only 2 minutes of exposure.
The MSA S-CAP offers anyone a way out.
Most victims of fire are not injured by heat or flames but by smoke and gases, especially carbon monoxide. The S-CAP Fire Escape Hood is a breathing device which filters and processes ambient air to provide at least 15 minutes for an able person to find their way to safety.
- Simple to don, easy to use…effective in seconds.
- Oil resistant, multi-purpose P2 filter removes 94% of particulate matter at 95 Ipm (similar to N95).
- Converts deadly Carbon Monoxide gas to non-toxic CO2.
- Hood has a nose cup for a sure seal and an exhalation valve to reduce CO2 concentration.
- Provides 15 minutes or more time for self rescue.
- Large, clear protective lens provides a wide field of view for the best possible visibility in dark and smokey environments.
- High-visibility yellow color increases chances of being seen by rescuers.
- Universal-sized hood goes on easily and seals effectively on any adult. It even accommodates long hair and eyeglasses.
- An ideal emergency device for:
- RETIREMENT AND NURSING HOMES
- And any place with large groups of people
Features and Benefits:
- Highly visible yellow hood
- Head harness adjusts from the outside of the hood
- Nose cup fits a wide variety of head and face sizes and is directly connected to a multipurpose filter
- Cotton neck seal for comfort and easy donning
- Wide field of view lens
- Heat-resistant against brief flame contact and elevated temperatures
- Nose cup and exhalation valve to reduce the CO2 concentration and enhance respiratory comfort
- P2 Filter -filters 94% at 95 lpm (similar to N95) and is oil-resistant
- Protects against smoke, carbon monoxide, acrolein, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen cyanide, and sulfur dioxide
- Designed for a minimum rated service time of 15 minutes
- Meets European Standard EN 403:2004 (In the absence of a current NIOSH standard for CO/fire escape devices)
- Proven Hopcalite filter technology is currently used by coal miners (MSA W65 Self-Rescuer Respirator)
Two Convenient Packaging & Storage Options:
- Cardboard Box packaging option contains one foil bag and donning instructions
- Plastic Wall-mount Container storage option contains one hood in a foil bag and donning instructions
Both packages include one S-CAP Fire Escape Hood stored in a protective, vacuum-sealed aluminized foil bag. The filter is not activated until the bag is opened prior to donning.
- Hood Material: Coated PVC
- Neck Seal: Cotton
- Lens: PET
- Inner Mask: NR natural rubber, gray
- Filter: Multi-purpose Hopcalite filter [effective against CO, gases from fire and particles P2]
- Weight: 1.2 lb. (ready to use)
- Size: Adult universal
- Service Time: Minimum 15 minutes
- Breathing Resistance: Inhalation resistance approx. 1.2 mbar, Exhalation resistance approx. 0.5 mbar
- Protection Range: Numerous contaminants as toxic and eye-irritating fire, smoke, and gasses released by combustion; including carbon monoxide, acrolein, hydrogen chloride, hydrogen cyanide, sulfur dioxide; and particles of harmful substances
- Storage Life: Maintenance-free for 4 years. Up to 10 years with simple testing: visual inspection and weight check of foil bag at 4-year intervals
- Approvals: EN 403:2004 (European Standard for Fire Escape Hood Filtering Devices)
Choose a Storage Option:
- Cardboard Box: 11"H x 6"W x 4.5"D
- Wall-mount Container: 11"H x 6"W x 5"D
"how can i get a filter to replace used ones."
From MSA there is no replacement filter for this, sorry this took so long but we were waiting on MSA to answer us back.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !