Model 8800 Evolution 2J.W. Speaker Corporation is launching the industry’s FIRST 4" x 6" LED headlight that meets proposed National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) guidelines for a 5-Star NCAP-compliant low beam headlight. This new product, called the Model 8800 Evolution 2, includes both heated and nonheated versions featuring improved sealing, superior condensation management and a wider operating voltage, supporting DOT, ECE and military standards.
All Model 8800 Evolution 2 LED headlights comply with:
FMVSS 108 Table XIX, IEC IP69K, Buy America Standards
- Meets Proposed NHSTA 5-Star Safety Lighting Performance*: Light output and beam pattern meet NHSTA requirements under consideration for their highest vehicle-level safety rating; providing a potential "halo" effect when applied to a heavy duty truck, assuming this rating system could be applied in the future.
- "Intelligent" Heating System: Automatically de-ices headlight according to ambient temperature—no need for the driver to do anything—while consuming less power than a conventional halogen system. As a result, trucks can operate safely and continuously throughout the winter.
- Extreme Duty: Rugged design featuring LED technology operates effectively in harsh conditions—i.e. environmentally, electrically and mechanically—thereby assuring long life and lower life cycle cost.
- Plug & Play: Drop-in replacement for any 4" x 6" headlight, elevating truck lighting to NHSTA 5-Star compliance.
- Dealer Leverage: Opportunity for option up/down leveraging product line's high value ratio (function/cost); gives dealer tool for making sale depending on end customer's needs, where low price is NOT the main driver.
Tough, die-cast housing, with added protection from salt spray and an optimized heat sink for efficient thermal management.
Tough polycarbonate lens:
Anti-fog and hard-coated; abrasion and UV resistant.
Upgraded optics package:
Solid projector optics; additional compact projector optics for low beam increases light output with precise patterns that minimize glare for oncoming traffic.
Bright, white LEDs:
Optimal color temperature simulates day-time lighting for maximum visibility and to reduce driver fatigue.
Meets DOT and ECE beam pattern requirements; exceeds FMVSS 108 for low beam.
Includes transient, reverse-polarity, over-voltage and EMI protection.
Improved sealing and condensation management:
Proven OEM venting system; harness interface design assures robust sealing, regardless of whether the connector is engaged.
Intelligent heating system:
Thermally conductive grid system, encapsulated in lens, automatically responds with temperature changes to de-ice lens; can accelerate condensation dissipation as well.
Wide operating range:
Functions from -40°C to 65°C; 12/24V DC system operates in 10-32V DC.
Low power consumption:
Uses less current draw than halogen headlights.
Ratings & Reviews
Worth the price of admission
Even after going with SilverStar lamps our 1989 Hahn lighting was still not great. Took the plunge and spent the $$$ for the low and high beam 8800's. Installation was plug-and-play easy but take note - they are polarity sensitive. If your vehicle wiring isn't polarity correct you'll need to fix it (which is easy). We opted for the heated lenses but haven't been able to see how that performs yet. End result MUCH better and it seems the LED's light up reflective road signs and vests better as well.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !