This completely self-contained tool gives one person the power to open practically any door in seconds.Presently in use by New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., Los Angeles Co. and other major city fire departments in the U.S.A., and Europe. After 11months of strenuous testing in twelve of the busiest Truck and Rescue Companies in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx, the Hydra-Ram won the overwhelming approval and recommendation of the FDNY's Research and Development Division.
- Only 11 lbs. and 13 inches long. Smaller and lighter than many simple steel forcible entry tools that rely strictly on leverage, inertia, and strength of the operator.
- The HYDRA-RAM is the first and only one-piece integrated, hydraulic forcible entry tool. No hoses or auxiliary pumps to leak or trip on.
- 10,000lbs. of force is presented at 138lbs. of pumping to acquire 3/4" a stroke to a maximum thrust opening of 4 inches.
- While others take 30 to 40 pumps to gain full extension, the HYDRA-RAM does it in 8.
- The HYDRA-RAM can be placed in any position, even upside down, without any effect on its operation. - A first in hydraulics.
- No worry about maintenance or leaking fluid - a patented process incorporating integral aircraft seals of triplex quality is used.
- The hydraulic fluid is non-flammable, non-toxic and non-freezing.
- Special stainless steel of 220,000 tensile strength make up the jaws.
- To insure lightness, the body is made of a special aluminum that is heat treated and hard anodized giving it a tactical black color.
- Special finger grips are attached for non-slip holding.
- A heavy cordura bag and mallet compliments the unit.
- For the narcotics officer, the unit's unique size (13") and weight (11lbs.) allows it to be carried under a coat like a hand weapon.
- Includes 2 lb. mallet and carry case
HYDRA-RAM I - Maximum opening thrust of 4" - 13” long / 11 lbs.
HYDRA-RAM II - Maximum opening thrust of 6" - 15” long / 13 lbs.