Defense Tech First Defense .4% MK-9 Stream OC Aerosol, 12 oz.The MK-9 features an easy-to-use trigger handle and will deliver 14 short bursts of OC at an effective range of 18-20 ft. This OC/CS aerosol product utilizes a stream delivery method providing a target-specific, strong concentrated stream for greater standoff.
NOT Electronic Discharge Weapon (EDW) safe
- The MK-9 canister will deliver 14 short bursts of OC at an effective range of 18-20 ft.
- The stream delivery method provides a target-specific, strong concentrated stream for greater standoff.
- The grey banded canister indicates the unique OC/CS formulation which targets the respiratory system.
- The MK-9 features an easy to use trigger handle and is intended for use in crowd management.
- This formulation has been tested and is non-flammable, but is NOT Electronic Discharge Weapon (EDW) safe.
- Defense Technology® First Defense® OC Aerosols are produced in an ISO rated manufacturing facility.
- All Major Capsaicinoid percentages (MC%) are verified by an Independent Laboratory for quality assurance.
The original, patented, fully tested OC formulation. Over many years of safe, effective use, First Defense has proven itself as the pepper spray of choice for law-enforcement and corrections the world over.
FIRST DEFENSE® OC Formulation was created to provide the safest OC aerosol on the market. Today it's the most widely used pepper spray in law enforcement and corrections throughout the world. Three out of four police departments choose First Defense® OC Aerosols by Defense Technology—not only for their proven effectiveness, but because they are the only such products backed by a comprehensive effectiveness study, and the only products that address the ever-growing concerns over health and environmental risks.
First Defense® Oleoresin Capsicum is water-soluble. It is processed further than oil-based OC to remove natural oils, waxes and fats; yielding a formulation that is clear of color and consistent in its potency. At 500,000 SHU, it’s also the hottest, water-soluble OC available. Based on their extensive research, Defense Technology has determined that their 0.2% capsaicinoid level is optimum for consistent effectiveness. But because First Defense’s water-soluble OC formula decontaminates more easily then oil-based solutions, it's not so excessive that decontamination time or simplicity is compromised.
Aimable stream delivery. The First Defense MK-6 aerosol can deploy a target-specific 10-12 ft. stream for controlled delivery with minimal cross contamination. This also provides a safer margin of effective distance with less chance of disturbance by wind or rain compared to alternate delivery system. Non-flammable, environmentally friendly, simple to clean. First Defense OC Aerosols use only food-grade formulations and safe nitrogen propellant, making them completely non-flammable and biologically sound. They contain no HCFCs or CFCs. And because First Defense is water-soluble, it allows relatively easy clean-up and decontamination of skin and surfaces, using soap and water or just a damp cloth. Clothing and fabrics can be cleaned by machine washing or dry cleaning. Airborne OC can be cleared from buildings with simple ventilation.
Before deciding to purchase a pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state. The following states have shipping restrictions on pepper spray.
States and Districts where Pepper Sprays are Restricted:
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Michigan: <35 grams per can, no stronger than 10% concentrate. No combinations.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.