DSI Variant 1 non-NFA Firearm, 5.56, BlackThe Variant 1 is built on DSI’s precision-matched 7075 billet receiver set. This matching lightweight receiver set makes the perfect foundation for this firearm. Keeping the shooter in mind, the lightweight design and tight tolerances appeal to the novice and expert alike. The Variant 1 is compatible with all mil-spec AR-15 style parts. The upper receiver has an optic-ready picatinny rail, while the lower receiver has an integrated and enlarged trigger guard and a flare cut magazine well.
The Variant 1 offers competition performance with combat reliability.
- Precision CNC from aerospace aluminum billet 7075-T6
- Intricate lightweight design
- Type III Hardcoat Anodized with a Cerakote Finish
- M4 feed ramp extensions
- Forward assist (Removed from similar high-end rifles)
- Edges deburred for clean smooth finish
- Allen screw bolt catch pin
- Allen screw forward assist pin
- Winter trigger guard
- DSI Billet Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- DSI Billet Ambidextrous 90 Degree Safety Selector
- DSI M16 Bolt Carrier Group
- DSI Ultralight Narrow Profile M-Lok 11.25" Forearm
- DSI Steel Micro Gas Block
- Carbine Gas System
- DSI 12.5" 5.56 Threaded 1:7 Nitrite Barrel
- DSI Competition Compensator
- Magpul PMAG (30 Round or 10 Round Subject to Legality)
- Thordsen Customs QD Buffer Tube Cover Black
- Ambidextrous QD Sling Plate
- Hogue Pistol Grip - Black
- Optic Ready (sights not included)
- Cable Lock
- Proudly made in the USA
Note: The DS-15 Non-NFA Firearm Variant 1 does not fall under the definition of an "Assault Weapon" in CT, NJ, MD, or DE and therefore is legal in these states. It is NOT Legal, however, for MA, NY, CA, or Washington D.C..
- It is not a RIFLE, as it does not have a stock and is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.
- It is not a PISTOL, as it has a barrel length of 12.5" and features a forward vertical grip, as it is designed to be fired with two hands.
- It is not an AOW, as this firearm has an overall length greater than 26", is not designed to be fired from the shoulder and features a forward vertical grip.
It is the customer's responsibility to comply with all laws regarding these items.
- You must include your FFL's name and phone number in the comment section before you click "Place My Order".
- Handguns must be shipped via 2nd Day Air. You do not need to select 2nd Day Air during checkout, You can choose any shipping option for long guns.
- You will receive an order confirmation e-mail with your order number. If you do not receive an email order status update within two business days after placing your order, please give us a call at 1-800.852.6088.
- Contact your FFL to arrange pickup of your firearm.
- Ammunition and firearms must be shipped separately
- Once the transfer of the firearm is complete, the manufacturer's warranty is in effect
- Firearms are non-returnable
- California: Handguns must be on Approved List. Assault weapons must be CA Approved.
- Connecticut: No Semi-Auto Rifles
- Maryland: Firearms sales only to Class 01 FFL Dealer. Varying restrictions on Assault Weapons
- Massachusetts: No Handguns, Varying restrictions on Assault Weapons
- New Jersey: Firearms sales only to Class 01 FFL Dealer. Varying restrictions on Assault Weapons
- New York: No Assault Weapons, No Handguns (NYC)
- Washington D.C.: No Firearms
High-capacity magazines are not legal in all areas of the U.S. Please be aware of your local laws before ordering.
State Restrictions on High-Capacity Magazines
- California: 10 round limit
- Colorado: 15 round limit
- Connecticut: 10 round limit
- District of Columbia: 10 round limit
- Hawaii: 10 round limit
- Maryland: 10 round limit
- Massachusetts: 10 round limit
- New Jersey: 10 round limit
- New York: 10 round limit