Greg Thompson designed the 179 for rescue performance and less-than-lethal self-defense.
The tool includes the Benchmade rescue hook design, a carbide glass breaker, O² wrench and the same finger loop and integral sheath design as the rest of the SOCP family.
- Made in USA.
- Mechanism: Fixed
- Action: Fixed Blade
- Blade Steel: 440C (58-60HRC)
- Overall Length: 6.75" (17.15cm)
- Handle Thickness: 0.18" (4.57mm)
- Weight: 1.88oz. (53.29g)
- Sheath Weight: 1.04oz. (29.48g)
- Blade Edge/Style: Plain Hook
- Lanyard Hole
- Sheath: Injection Molded Plastic
- Blade Finish: Gray
- Handle Material: 440C(Gray)