CR123A Spiral Wound Lithium Batteries are high quality, long lasting batteries that are stable at most temperatures and high discharge rates.
CR123A spiral wound Lithium batteries were designed for use in digital cameras and similar low discharge rate consumer electronics. The cell has the advantage of high energy density than more traditional battery chemistries, such as alkaline; however, when used in devices such as high intensity flashlights which have a high rate of discharge, internal cell heat can build up. This can result in explosive conditions. The Duracell Battery Company developed the first re-settable current and Thermal Protection System. All ASP batteries incorporate a similar PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) device and pressure relief vent. If an ASP battery short circuits or discharges at currents above their design limit, the PTC causes the cells internal resistance to increase, limiting the amount of current that can be drawn and keeping the internal cell temperature within safe limits. The pressure relief vent activates to relieve excessive internal pressure. ASP's CR123A Batteries are stable in a wide range of temperatures and have a shelf life of ten years. These batteries come with interconnecting link cases, which provide protective storage, organization, and transport of the batteries. When using CR123A Lithium batteries in a high discharge rate device such as a flashlight, always insist on PTC batteries.
- Positive Thermal Coefficient circuit and backup pressure relief vent allow batteries to operate safely in high discharge devices, such as high intensity LED flashlights
- PTC Circuit prevents:
- Excessive current during charging
- Excessive current during discharging
- Short circuit
- Over voltage - Overcharging
- Under voltage - Exceeding pre-set depth of discharge (DOD) limits
- High ambient temperature
- Overheating - Exceeding the cell temperature limit
- Pressure build-up inside the cell
- Batteries are stable in a wide range of temperatures and have a shelf life of ten years
- Translucent, polypropylene Interconnecting Link Cases provide protective storage, organization, and transport of high energy lithium batteries
- Cases can be linked together via dovetail connections to accommodate any quantity of power cells
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !