1/2" x 12" x 20.5" Reactive Silhouette AR500 Steel Target with Two Attachment Points
Stand is not included.
The AR500 steel target gives immediate feedback on whether it's a hit or miss in the form of sound, and with the reactive silhouette you can also see the target moving.
AR500 steel is an abrasion resistant steel often used in mining, material handling and other high wear applications. Due to its material properties, AR500 steel also makes great rifle grade targets.
These targets are made to be shot with center fire rifles from at least 100 yards and handguns from as close as 10 yards. Always wear eye and hearing protection.
Safety Rules for Shooting Steel Targets:
Cardinal Rules of Firearm Safety:
- Use correct ammunition.
- Do not fire high powered rifles at targets closer than 100 yards.
- Do not fire small bore guns at targets closer than 40 yards.
- Minimum recommended distance with a handgun and standard lead ammunition is 15 yards.
- Do not fire air guns at targets.
- Always wear wrap-around eye protection and proper hearing protection.
- Discontinue use of target if it becomes disfigured, deformed, or damaged in any way.
- Never ever use armor-piercing, steel-core, or other hardened ammunition.
- Never use steel shot, pellets, BBs, or other air gun projectiles.
- Never use ammunition that exceeds the target's scope of design.
- Always use high quality steel targets specifically designed for heavy duty use.
- Never use steel targets for purposes outside their scope of design.
- Never fire a gun when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Minors shooting at targets must do so under proper and qualified adult supervision.
- To reduce the likelihood of a bullet ricochet, do not use jacketed ammunition.
- Treat all firearms as though they are loaded.
- Point the muzzle in a safe direction at all times.
- Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until you are on target and have decided to fire.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Keep target low to the ground and/or use a backstop to stop stray bullets.
- Don't rely on your gun's safety.
Buyer assumes all responsibility for the use and misuse of the targets purchased.