Versatile and easy to use, Petzl’s STRIX VL Headlamp allows you to choose the right kind of illumination you need to successfully complete each mission.
Specifically created to meet military requirements for stealth missions, Petzl’s STRIX VL Headlamp offers exceptional versatility and intuitive use. This headlamp can discreetly integrate with all military equipment, including helmets and vests, or be worn on your head or around your neck. However it’s worn, the lamp's double rotation system allows great freedom for orienting the beam: 180° horizontally and 120° vertically. Two distinct lighting modes allow the STRIX to adapt to field operations and daily activities such as camping and training. Choose visible white lighting or visible color lighting to best serve the needs of each situation you encounter. Integrated regulation technology switches the lighting to reserve mode when the battery is almost depleted, guaranteeing that the headlamp’s performance will not diminish during its rated battery life. The STRIX VL Headlamp is resistant to falls of up to 2 m, impact, and crushing forces less than 80 kg; waterproof to -1 m for 30 minutes; and dustproof. Durable, versatile, and easy to use, Petzl’s STRIX VL Headlamp ensures that you can get the right amount of illumination right where you need it for the best view possible.
- STRIX VL can integrate with any military equipment, including helmets and vests
- Headlamp can be worn on your head or around your neck using the included headband
- Double rotation system provides a great range of angles for orienting the headlamp’s beam: 180° horizontally and 120° vertically
- Two lighting modes:
- Visible color lighting:
- Red: 1 lumen, 4-meter range, up to 20-hour runtime
- Green: 1.5 lumens, 4-meter range, up to 17-hour runtime
- Blue: 0.35 lumens, 2-meter range, up to 17-hour runtime
- Visible white lighting:
- Stealth mode: 0.40 lumens, 3-meter range, up to 65-hour runtime
- Close-range vision mode: 15 lumens, 20-meter range, up to 20-hour runtime
- Movement mode: 40 lumens, 40-meter range, up to 4-and-a-half-hour runtime
- Pulse control knobs enable easy activation and deactivation of visible lighting modes, even when you’re wearing gloves
- STRIX VL offers excellent resistance to falls of up to 2 m (even at -30° C), impact, and crushing forces less than 80 kg
- STRIX VL is waterproof to -1 m for 30 minutes, and dustproof (IP67)
- Headlamp weighs 95 g without batteries
- Headlamp runs on one AA battery (included), and is compatible with AA NI-MH rechargeable batteries and Lithium batteries, which increase battery life by up to 2.5 times
The STRIX VL features two types of lighting modes that you can choose to best fit the needs of each mission you undertake. The visible white lighting mode features a stealth option (which emits a very narrow, low-intensity beam), a close-range vision option (which emits a wide beam and effectively balances lighting power with battery life), and a movement option (which emits a wide, maximum-intensity beam). The visible color lighting mode features red, green, and blue options, all of which provide comfortable close-range vision and vision for movement.
Manipulating the knobs on the STRIX VL with pulse control is simple and noiseless, even while wearing gloves. This allows you to access each lighting mode or turn off the headlamp quickly to limit the risk of being accidentally seen. The sequence of lighting modes moves from the most discreet to the least discreet. To enable quick movement between modes, only one of the three colors is directly accessible, though you can program what the standard color selection is. The lighting modes and the OFF position can be locked to prevent any unwanted maneuver.
The STRIX VL also features a "scan" function. This function allows you to pulse the switch from any mode (including off) until you reach the mode you want on the last pulse. Hold the switch down for as long as you need that specific mode of light, then release the switch to go back to starting mode.
Designed for discreet integration with all military equipment, the STRIX VL provides several mounting options. The headlamp can be mounted on a helmet that’s equipped with the ACH-ARC Ops Core system by using the integrated rail or by using the ADAPT STRIX helmet plate (included) on a helmet with no rails. An integrated MOLLE clip allows the headlamp to be mounted on a vest, while the included headband enables you to wear the STRIX VL on your head or around your neck.