Federal Signal’s Touchmaster™ series of siren and public address systems provide the ultimate in reliability, functionality, and ease of use.
Simplified switching provide a tacticle feel for control while on a call or in pursuit. All Touchmaster models feature five siren sounds (Yelp, Wail, Hi-Lo, Ultra Hi-Lo®, Futura, and Hetro®), horn ring transfer, SWEEP/LOCK®, air horn sound, Alarm, direct access PA, flashing indicator lights, dimmable panel lights, audible “Clicker” indicator, and ACP technology.
Standard models are available, from either a basic toggle switch to a slide-bar for complete warning equipment control. Optional features may be specified for maximum customization.
- Totally enclosed full-function featured sirens with PA available
- High current switching-up to 205-amps of total switching capacity
- Rugged high current (60-amp) slide switch
- Quick installation with marked wires and screw-down terminals
- Five tone intersection clearing sweep available
- Adjustable external PA volume controls
- Common microphone adapters allow both radio and siren to operate from a single microphone
- Rugged time-tested 60 amperes slide switch (progressive).
- Six rubberized, durable 20 amperes push-button auxiliary switches.
- Five unique, distinctive Unitrol emergency warning tones.
- Effective Override/Sweep intersection management tone functions.
- Advanced TEST, ACP Automatic Component Protection.
- LED indicators and adjustable back lit face plate.
- Accessible Radio/PA adjustable volume control.
- Low operating, zero standby current.
- Quick, low cost vehicle installation.
Additional features include; SWEEP, Park Siren Deactivation, Air Horn sound, Alarm, Radio/PA, TEST and advanced ACP (Automatic Component Protection). Special features also available with the Touchmaster Delta include; eight-second shot gun timer delay and dual tone capability.
The Touchmaster Delta offers Override (O/R) or SWEEP features created to improve effective traffic management at potentially dangerous intersections. Through horn ring activation, (or user supplied manual switch) the siren operator has the option of continuously cycling through three siren tones at six second intervals for eight seconds before a second touch to the horn ring that returns the unit to its original tone setting.
Other important Delta features include Alarm – a special non-siren tone that can warn the operator if the vehicle is being tampered with or of high inside vehicle temperature if K-9’s are involved; TEST – depressing the TEST switch will send a short siren tone burst through the vehicle’s speaker to insure proper siren operation; ACP – with Automatic Component Protection, the siren continually checks for shortcircuits between the amplifier and the speaker.
||Siren: 0-180A, Amplifier: 7.5A (one 100W speaker), 14A (two 100W speakers)
|Operating Temp Range
||-30° to 65° C
||500Hz to 1650 Hz
|Nominal Cycle Range
||Wail: 11 cycles/min, Yelp: 240 cycles/min
|Nominal Volatage Range
||64V peak to peak (siren tones)
|Audio Freq Response
||300 Hz to 3,000 Hz (+/- 3 dB)
||4,000 ohms (nominal)
||Slide bar outputs (progressive)
Position 1: 20A
Position 2: 20A
Position 3: 20A
Progressive total: 60A
Accessory switches: 20A each
||2.4" H x 6.5" W x 5.4" D (6.2 cm x 16.5 cm x13.8 cm)
Sirens and Speakers may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way. Sirens and Speakers may cause hearing damage. Wear hearing protection.