F-22 Raptor 9270 Series, 44mm with Black Dial, Silver Markings and Black PVD Black Bracelet
T he F-22 RAPTOR 9200 series, is a tribute to Lockheed Martin's newest Stealth Fighter. It is crafted from solid ultra-light titanium and incorporates design cues from the jet itself - the shape of the bezel and two of the center links of the bracelet were directly influenced by the angles of the wings of the F-22 jet. In addition, the shape of the case reflects the body of the jet and the crown mimics its engines. Finally, the dial was inspired by the actual instrument panel of the F-22. The case back features a detailed engraving of the F-22 Raptor, a result of our proprietary collaboration with Lockheed Martin.
Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps
- Swiss made
- Function: Chrono, Big Date, Day
- Illumination: Night Vision Tubes (25 years)
- Size/Diameter: 44 mm
- Water Resistance: 200 m, 20 ATM, 660 ft, individually tested
- Movement: Quartz
- Battery/Battery Life: 395/54 month
- Case: Titanium Black PVD plated
- Bezel: Rotating 1-Way Diver
- Case back: Titanium screwed
- Crystal: Sapphire glass, single anti-reflective coated
- Crown: Security Screw-On
- Height: 14.10 mm
- Weight: 98 g w/leather band, 120 g w/PVD bracelet
that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is Luminox’s raison d’être.
The unique Luminox Light Technology ensure at-a-glance visibility
– in fact, the technology Luminox watches provide a constant glow 24/7, no matter what the conditions are, for up to 25 years. Most other watches use luminescent paint that has to be charged by a light source and fades very quickly, or a “push to light” system, where you push a button for battery-driven illumination.
Luminox uses a proprietary technology,
formerly reserved for the military, that makes Luminox watches literally stand out. Each Luminox watch features tiny gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are always lit, on the hands, hour markers and when necessary, bezels. As a result, Luminox watches are always readable at a glance, no matter what the conditions are.
This ease of being able to read time effortlessly
seems to fill a need for various military and law enforcement groups. It is why the U.S. Navy SEALs Procurement officers asked Luminox to create dive watches for them for night missions. It is also why U.S. Air Force pilots flying the F-117 Nighthawk™ Stealth Jets asked the same of Luminox. These are only two of many groups of “heroes” that truly understand and appreciate the inherent benefit of wearing a Luminox timepiece.