Three pressure relief vents
The new HyFin Vent Chest Seal from North American Rescue sets the standard for the treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest. The new HyFin Vent Chest Seal design provides 3-vented channels that prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels allow blood to escape and also provide a backup fail-safe system, as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational.
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties. Packaged in a rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, the perforated packaging allows rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed. Each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. Each HyFin Vent Chest Seal has a large, Red-Tip ™ pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application and allows for the burping of the wound if necessary. The clear, transparent backing allows for easy placement over the wound area and conformability to the patient’s chest.
Meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC & TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest, the new HyFin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack is the superior prehospital chest seal.
Weights and Dimensions:
- Patented, new design with 3 channel pressure relief vents
- Advanced adhesive technology for a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- 3 vent channels that prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation
- Vent channels allow blood to escape and provides a backup failsafe system, as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent will remain fully operational
- Easy to grip, large Red-Tip tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for burping of the would if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology tear notches
- Package: 7.75" x 7.75"
- Chest seal size when deployed: 6" x 6"
- Weight: 1.37oz