Action Target's Evil Roy Portable Practice Target is compact, quick and easy to set up, and excellent for shooting and marksmanship training.
Some people call it the “Evil Roy,” for Gene Pearcey, the former SASS National and World Champion who helped Action Target develop it. This remarkably portable and durable armor steel target is for everyone who loves shooting! The patent-pending PT Practice Target may be the best new training tool for the dedicated shooter in a very long time. This sturdy, portable stand and steel target fold to less than 3 ft. long in just seconds to fit easily in the trunk of even the smallest car. The PT Practice Target can be set up again about the time than it takes to read this sentence, by one person, without tools of any kind. The Heavy Duty AR550 armor steel target head can be safely shot with anything from .22 rimfire to .44 magnum with no damage at all. But the real beauty of this or any other steel target is that you don’t have to waste time changing paper or putting out new tin cans. The head of the Evil Roy Target will “bounce” a little when you hit it, so you get instant positive feedback that’s proven to improve both speed and accuracy for beginning shooters or experienced tactical operators. This versatile patent pending target can accept any Action Target Portable Target Head, including the PT Hold Head, to use paper and cardboard targets for qualification, sight alignment, or virtually endless utility.
- Portable steel target and stand folds to less than 3 ft. long. Fits in the trunk of any car, can be carried with ease.
- Certified 550 Brinell armor steel target plate for safety and durability with the most powerful handguns and many long guns.
- Angled target plate with no exposed bolts or clamps for controlled splatter and safer shooting.
- Mounts any Action Target “PT” target head at 2 different heights, up to about 36”.
- Assembles or folds up in seconds; no tools required for assembly, use, or storage
- Perfect for tactical training, Cowboy Shooting, USPSA and IDPA, or just shooting for fun.
“Shooting on steel targets is the most effective and most efficient way to practice, regardless of your experience or skill level. I use this new design from Action Target for my own practice sessions because it gives me a perfect training tool to prepare myself for matches throughout the year. I also use these targets in all my shooting schools because they are easy to transport, they are safe, and they last.”
Evil Roy (Gene Pearcey)
2000 SASS Overall National Champion
2001 SASS Overall World Champion
30+ State and Regional Championship
NOTE: Even if using the 550 Brinell Heavy Duty plates, the stand is not made of hard steel and is vulnerable to damage from high power rifle rounds.
Advanced firearms training has never been so accessible or so effective, even for departments with extremely tight budgets…and undeveloped range facilities. The Action Target line of Portable Steel Targets gives you the tools to cost-effectively incorporate modern firearms training standards and techniques into your program — with potentially lifesaving results.
Instant feedback — you see it, you hear it, you feel how to get it done. A spot appears… the target moves… the clang hitting a steel target immediately tells all your senses — your whole body, not just your intellect — that you’re right on target. So you can do it again. And again. And again. Just like that. Regular practice with steel targets reinforces positive behavior and programs muscle memory to help make fast, accurate shooting a reflex. Like hitting a baseball or riding a bike, your body subconsciously remembers how to orchestrate all the variables required for success. The more it’s repeated, and the more senses involved in training, the faster your body learns and the more easily it remembers. So when it’s real, you react. You don’t have to think about shooting… only about identifying your target.
Not all steel targets are the same. Other steel targets may cost less up front, but just because they’re steel, doesn’t mean they’re safe. Only a few very specialized grades of steel are hard enough to make truly effective and long-lasting targets. Softer steels can be easily chipped or pitted by harder or higher velocity rounds. Even a moderately pitted surface, or a target with exposed brackets or bolts, can cause inconsistent splatter or ricochets at potentially dangerous angles.
Unlike cheaper steel targets, Action Target’s superior metallurgy and smooth construction means bullet debris splatters safely to the sides in a controlled 20° spread from the plane of the target upon impact.
Two grades of superior steel. For handguns or even high-power rifles. Action Target uses only the finest through-hardened AR500 and AR550 Brinell steel with a completely smooth surface for safe, predictable performance with a wide variety of weapons and ammunition. Standard AR500 steel targets easily withstand all standard handgun ammunition with no damage and predictable splatter. For a very modest increase in cost, target plates can be upgraded to Heavy Duty AR550 steel for additional use with high-power rifles (including LE standard .223 & .308 caliber) at appropriate distances.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
All Action Target Portable Steel Targets are:
- Made of the finest through-hardened 500+ Brinell steel with proper alloy elements to produce the required toughness and depth of hardening. They last.
- Proper Steel hardness controls the impact and reaction. Creates instant positive visual and audible feedback
- Totally smooth and flat shooting surfaces provide consistent and predictable bullet splatter patterns. No dangerous brackets, clamps, or bolts to get in the way.
- Target heads rest at a downward sloping angle to better control splatter, directing most of it into the ground
- Designed to move when struck, for even greater dissipation of bullet impact energy.
- Easy to transport, assemble, and use.
- Provides challenging, realistic training on a tight budget.
- More affordable in the long run. There is no better value in steel targets
- Made in U.S.A.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
PT PRACTICE TARGET™ SPECIFICATIONS:
||Assembled Base: Height: 3 ft. +
||Heavy Duty (550 Brinell): 125 lbs.
||Yes (500 Brinell, 10 yards +)
||Yes (550 Brinell, 100 yards +)
Please Note: Due to the weight of this item, special handling fee will be added to your cart at checkout.