Designed to effectively distribute a large amount of OC deterrent over a widespread area. Fast.
Designed to stop a large group of people over a widespread area. Quickly, effectively, and safely.
Choose Stream, 360° Stream, Foam, or Fogger.
Fully-functioning aerosol dispensers filled with an inert solution for training purposes.
Defense Technology offers inert aerosols in all delivery systems and most projector types.
Defense Technology Inert is available in MK- 3, MK-4, MK-6, and MK-9 aerosol projectors; as well as MK-21 and MK-46 extinguisher aerosol projectors.
- Projector: MK-4, 3.0oz. or 4.2oz*
- Formulation: Inert solution
- Delivery Systems: Stream, 360° Stream, *Foam, or *Fogger
- Additional Specs: See product listing for individual propellant and performance specifications
SAFE AND EASY TO USE: A protective, spring-loaded black plastic safety cover is attached to the upper portion of the outer casing above the actuator. The Flip Top actuator assists in directional holding, aiming, and discharging of the device during all light conditions. The cover prevents accidental discharge of the unit and conveniently moves out of the way with the approach of the thumb or finger to permit easy access to the actuator. No separate lifting motion is required to activate the device.
INDIVIDUALLY SERIALIZED: wear and water-resistant labels affixed to all units permit easy identification. Lot numbers for formulation are present for quality assurance tracking.
What is the difference between SHUs and MC%?
- Defense Technology® no longer recognizes Scoville Heat Units (SHUs) as a viable means to measure pungency in regards to pepper spray.
- Scoville Heat Units are a subjective measurement system dating back to the American Spice Trade. For years SHUs have been used as a measuring system within the pepper spray industry, resulting in confusion and a lack of confidence and consistency regarding the pungency and percentage of OC formulations.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography or HPLC is the only true way to measure the heat of a formulation. It is a scientific method and ensures consistency. This is the standard used by Defense Technology®. The finished Defense Technology® OC formulations are tested at an independent laboratory tested for the exact percentage of major capsaicinoids (MC %).
Available in Stream, 360° Stream, Foam, or Fogger.
Material Safety Data Sheet:
Click: Defense Technology Inert MK-4 MSDS.pdf for MSDS
Before deciding to purchase a pepper spray, you should check with your local law enforcement department for specific laws on possession of, permissible uses of, and restrictions on pepper spray products in your city, county, or state. The following states have shipping restrictions on pepper spray:
States and Districts Where Pepper Sprays are Restricted
- New York: Sold in pharmacies and by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Massachusetts: Sold by licensed firearms dealers. Animal sprays ordered online are legal.
- Michigan: <35 grams per can, no stronger than 10% concentrate. No combinations.
- Wisconsin: Pepper spray only, no stronger than 10% concentrate. Safety features required. Weight allowed 15-60 grams.
- California: Weight restricted to 2.5 ounces (about 70 grams).
- Washington D.C.: You must register with the police for possession of pepper spray.