A Tactical and Practical Multi-tool—specially engineered to keep an M-16, and its operator, going strong.
Developed by Leatherman in conjunction with competitive shooters, operational snipers, and EOD specialists.
- MUT takes tactical function to the next level; without losing the everyday practicality of a Leatherman multi-tool.
- Developed by competitive shooters and operational snipers—for military, LE, or civilian shooters.
- Specialized tools for your M16/AR can quickly clear a Death Jam or help you break down and clean your weapon faster, with few extra tools.
- Leatherman’s strongest, most versatile pliers/wire cutters ever, at one end— safety zip-tie/cord/belt-cutter on the other.
- Modular design and many replaceable parts keep function at maximum levels.
- Includes MOLLE Sheath, removable Pocket Clip, 1/2” x 3/8” Wrench Accessory & variety of driver bits.
The Leatherman MUT is the first multi-tool that functions as both a tactical and practical tool for the military or LE Ordnance Disposal Specialist. The Leatherman MUT EOD takes tactical design and modularity to the next level, yet maintains Leatherman’s proven, practical multi-tool functions for everyday life.
The MUT EOD puts the right tools where you need them—right in your hand. When you're under pressure, the last thing you need to be worried about is having the right tools. This uniquely specialized multi-tool puts many of your most important tools in one place—in one extremely versatile tool. From EOD-specific implements like a super strong needle-nose pliers with mil.-performance-spec cap crimpers, a replaceable C4 punch, and fuse-wire cutters, to a beefy field blade, carbon scraper, and bolt override tool. The Leatherman MUT EOD has it all, and much more, in an easy-access configuration. Accomplish your mission, maintain your field gear, and lighten up your kit. All in a day's work.
In addition to its all its EOD and standard Leatherman functions,
the MUT was specifically designed for these critical functions on M16/AR15 rifles:
- Optic mounting and adjustment
- Bolt override malfunctions
- Take down and retaining pin removal
- Firing pin retaining pin removal
- Carbon removal on bolt carrier, bolt and firing pin
- Cleaning rod and brush attachments
“Leatherman has come up with a tactical and practical multi-tool that should be with every patrol and rifle-carrying cop in the country.”
— American Cop
Replaceable parts in all the right places. The most commonly used parts on the Leatherman MUT are replaceable and all use a Torx #8 for adjustment. Being able to replace these parts in-the-field keeps down-time to a minimum. There are even male and female threads made to accept standard cleaning rods and brushes, eliminating the need to carry a separate handle. A removable pocket clip, carabiner, or MOLLE sheath give you plenty of options for carrying your MUT. And there’s so much more. The carabiner doubles as a bottle opener. And the MOLLE sheath will fit a double-stack 9mm clip. So much utility. So little space.
Necessary Accessories Included. The MUT comes with a wrench accessory that features ½” and 3/8”, 12-point heads for optic system adjustment. The wrench features a diamond file on one side and military grid system scale 1:50,000 on the other. Includes one standard and two long double-ended tool-steel driver bits for adjustment of weapon sighting systems, as well as general use. The removable, reversible bits can be stored on the tool itself when not in-use. The MUT also comes with a 1000D, Cordura MOLLE sheath with mil-spec. fasteners that holds the tool, wrench/file, plus an extra bit kit and Torx #8 adjustment wrench (sold separately).
American Made. Warranted for 25 years of tough use. Quality and precision are built into every Leatherman multi-tool in their plant in Portland, Oregon—and backed by a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty.
“Soldier ingenuity meets ‘Batman’ cool.”
MUT EOD: Features & Specifications
— Army Magazine
- 3” Knife Blade, 420HC Stainless Steel Clip Point Combo Straight/Serrated
- Needlenose Pliers with Military Performance Spec Cap Crimpers
- 154CM Replaceable Fuse-wire Cutters
- Stranded Wire Cutters
- Electrical Crimper
- Replaceable Cutting Hook
- Bolt Override Tool
- Replaceable C4 Punch
- Replaceable Carbon Scraper
- Cleaning Rod/Brush Adapters
- Carabiner Clip
- Bottle Opener
- 1/2" and 3/8" Wrench Accessory with diamond file & military grid scale 1:50,000 on handle
- Large Bit Driver
- Included Bits:
- Phillips #1-2 and 3/16” Screwdriver
- Phillips #2 and 1/4” Screwdriver
- Torx #15 and Hex 7/64”
- Stainless Steel Body
- Stainless Steel Handles
- Black Oxide Coated Blades and Steel Tools
- Outside-accessible Blades for One-handed Opening
- All Locking Blades and Tools
- Bronze Carbon Scraper and Titanium Pocket Clip
- Removable Pocket Clip
- MOLLE Sheath (choose black or brown)
- 25-Year Warranty
- Closed length: 5 in/ 12.7 cm
- Blade Length: 3 in / 7.62 cm
- Weight: 11.2 oz / 317.5 g
MORE FEATURES. MORE BENEFITS.
Includes a Sheath tough enough, and versatile enough, for a Leatherman.
Filled with features of its own
- Main body is two layers of 1000 Denier Textured Cordura with A DWR Finish (MIL-C-437234, Class III), black
- Flap that secures tool is two layers of 2.0” wide nylon webbing ( MIL-W-17337), black
- VELCRO® brand closure is 100% woven Nylon Hook 88 and Loop 1000 ( MIL-AA55126B, Type II, Class I) black
- MOLLE strapping is nylon webbing ( MIL-W-17337), black
- Snap to attach sheath to MOLLE system is YKK, SK-50, Dull Black Chem finish (MIL-DTL-10884H, Style II)
- Large main pocket can hold the MUT…or a double stack 9mm clip
- Oversized VELCRO® brand closure (6 sq. in. of Hook and Loop engagement) for maximum security
- External Bit Kit pocket that can hold a single BIT KIT
- Hidden internal pocket that can store another BIT KIT or a SURGE saw and file set (optional accessories, not included).
- Flexible MOLLE strap attachment made for easy-install.
- Adjustment wrench pocket hidden in MOLLE strap
- External elastic panel that can hold a AAA or AA back-up flashlight (not included)