"Tatang" is a Tagalog term reserved for only the most feared and respected martial artists, and it describes this blade perfectly.
Designed by edged-weapons expert Michael Janich, Blackhawk's Tatang Knife employs the savage cutting power of a traditional Filipino barong in a leaner, more versatile package. When gripped at the rear of the pistol-grip-style handle, the weight-forward 8.6" steel blade gives the knife tremendous reach and chopping power. Choking up on the subhilt shifts the balance back for more controlled cutting, trapping, and backcutting with the sharpened false edge.
- Filipino Barong Blade Style
- Subhilt and Sharpened False Edge
- 1085C High-Carbon Tool Steel Blade
- Black Epoxy Blade Finish
- Injection-Molded Co-Polymer Handle with Textured Panels
- Injection-Molded Ballistic Nylon Sheath with Mounting Plates for PALS/MOLLE or Drop-Leg Platform Attachments
- Blade length: 8.600”/218 mm
- Overall length: 13.500”/343 mm
- Blade Thickness: 0.20" / 5.1 mm