Proven to accurately detect concealed metallic items, the SuperScanner is the most recognized hand-held metal detector in the world and has led the industry for over 20 years.
Now with both audible and silent vibrating alarm options and extended battery life!
- Ultimate sensitivity: detects medium sized pistol from 9" distance; large knife from 6"; razor blades and box cutters from 3" distance; foil-wrapped drugs and tiny jewelry from 1".
- Self-calibrating: digital microprocessor technology eliminates the need for periodic sensitivity adjustments.
- Rugged, high-impact ABS case with reinforced coil compartment. Exceeds Mil-Std-810F (drop test) Method 516.5, procedures II and IV.
- Large 8" scan surface for quick, thorough scanning.
- No tools required to change standard 9V battery (included). Optional rechargeable battery kit available.
- Sharp audible alarm and bright red LED indicates the detection of metal.
- Momentary push button helps temporarily eliminate detection of nearby ambient metal such as rebar, metal walls.
- Three-color LED indication: Green LED indicates ON; Amber LED indicates LOW BATTERY: Red LED indicates ALARM.
- Operating temperatures: -35° F (-37° C) to 158° F (70° C)
Originally designed for use at the Olympic Games, the Garrett Super Scanner has become the most recognized hand-held metal detector in the world. The new Super Scanner V offers outstanding performance, stability and extreme sensitivity in detecting the smallest objects. Designed and manufactured in the United States of America.
The Super Scanner meets or exceeds all performance specifications of the National Institute of Justice Standard - 0602.02 “Hand-Held Metal Detectors for use in Concealed Weapon and Contraband Detection.” Meets CE and other international standards for electromagnetic compatibility and safety.
Extensive research has found no information that would indicate Garrett products have adverse effects on pregnancy, medical devices (such as pacemakers) or magnetic recording media. However, directives by physicians and medical device manufacturers regarding metal detectors should be followed.
||-35°F (-37°C) to 158°F (70°C)
||To 95% non-condensing
LED Alert Lights
Green: Power ON
Amber: Battery LOW
Red: ALARM condition
||Power switch (ON / OFF)
Interference Elimination Momentary Switch
||Single 9 volt battery provides up to 60 hours of normal operation (battery included).
||Width: 3.25" (8.3 cm)
Thickness: 1.625" (4.13 cm)
Length: 16.5" (42 cm)
Weight: 17.6 oz. (500 g)
||Limited, 24 months parts and labor
- Correctional Facilities
- Public Buildings
- Private Buildings
- Special Events
- Loss Prevention
- Nuclear Facilities
- Transportation Terminals
- Corporate Security
- Historical Landmarks